Tuesday, March 28, 2006

taking it one day at a time

Five months.

Yesterday, we were five months old. Now, we're five months and a day.

Makulit, I know. But I'm happy.

I'm happy that things have worked out the way they did. Especially with the challenges (and animosity) we faced over the last months.

What I love most about us is the fact that we are willing to work things out, no matter what.

He and I have a relationship. More than that, we have partnership. We have respect for each other and dependency to each other, not in a clingy way.

He and I have our own identities. To prove this point, he and I are at an internet cafe right now. He's playing Guild Wars, while I'm blogging. He's a homebody and I love to travel, but he won't mind spending five days and four nights in Boracay with me later in the year.

He knows me better than anyone else and wouldn't change me. And the same goes with me.

There are days that he exasperates me. But there are days when he loves me to death that I just can't get him out of my system.

He asked me once, "Why do you stay with me inspite of everything?"

I can only say this: "Because I found a man whom I can spend the rest of my life with. Someone I love with all my heart and respect very much. I also know, in my head, that this is a logical decision because I know that I can work things out with you. We can always work things out because what we have is a partnership and understanding. Tell me, what else is needed to make the relationship succeed when you have love, respect, acceptance, open communication, and understanding?"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy five months! :)

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home