Thursday, March 30, 2006

taking a trip

On Saturday, I'll be flying out of Manila and going to the country of beautiful Singapore (or so I've been told.) I've never been to Singapore before and I have to say I'm pretty excited.

This is supposed to be my brother's graduation gift from my parents (outside the laptop he got from my parents' trip in the US, and a digital camera my mom got him from Hongkong last month.) Suffice to say when I found out about the trip, I knew I wouldn't want to be left behind. My cousin and her mom also decided to join us for the trip because of the good deal we got from Singapore Airlines.

I have a lot of friends there. Some of whom I met during my masterals, my trip to UK, and my counterpart at work. They've all volunteered to take me out in the four days I'm going to be there. This, of course, meant shopping on my part... shopping for their pasalubong, that is. I'm done with that except for the Red Ribbon Mamon that I'm going to buy tomorrow.

But I haven't packed yet. Not a single article of clothing. I haven't even prepared my travelling bag.

I can't wait to experience Singapore. These are some og the things I'm absolutely looking forward to (in no particular order):

  • Their night life and food (I've been told to eat chili crab, satay, and chicken rice.)
  • Technology shopping I'm going to do (I have to buy 1GB memory stick for the boyfriend and my O2's battery at half the price compared to here.)
  • Shoe shopping at Charles and Keith. Been told that a pair there costs only P300!
  • I can't wait to put faces on the voices that I've been talking to for the past 8 months.
  • I definitely will visit the Singapore Zoo and Night Safari (I've been told that Sentosa's overrated.)

The only sad thing about this is that I'm leaving my baby behind. Albeit it's only four days, but when you're used to seeing each other 5 to 6 times a week, it's a little bit hard. I so badly want to take a trip with him outside the country.

Mom said it's ok. She made a promise Ivan and I will get to do this one day... as a wedding present from her. Hehehe =)))

Dalawang tulog na lang. =)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sayang, di tayo nagkasabay dito... been here since sunday and i'm flying back to manila the day you arrive. make sure you drop by orchard road. singapore fashion week is ongoing and i think it'll spill over next week. have fun!

sisig
justpressstart.blogspot.com

7:57 PM  
Blogger muckdog said...

Hey you. Have a fun trip!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pasalubong po :)

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home