Tuesday, July 31, 2007

pre-cana and wedding registry

Last Saturday, Ivan and I went to Guadalupe Viejo and had our pre-cana seminar. We arrived there 30 minutes later, due to confusion with the time. Originally, it was set at 8:30am. Instead, they started at around 8:00am.

For P500, we sat through approximately 8 hours of "lecture" on family planning, genogram, and examination of marriage expectations, etc. I liked the last part of the seminar when we were asked to answer questions about our expectations about marriage, money, kids, sex, and in-laws. The girls and the boys were separated from each other and were asked to answer a questionnaire. After which, when the couple finished answering their own papers, a counselor sits down with them.

Ivan and I finished pretty early and compared to the other couples, our counseling did not take more than 30 minutes. I think it's because we talked about this before and we really have the same views on the topic mentioned above.

The few differences that we had in the answers were due to the interpretation of the question. After all, the questions were all in Tagalog and I have to admit, it isn't one of my forte.

We spent the next three hours waiting for other people to finish their talks. I guess, the long and short of it is, they have more different answers than same ones.

After we got our certificate, half a bond paper, with printed words saying we completed the requirement, we went to Rustan's in Makati. We submitted our bridal registry forms (not the registry list yet) and we got our registry cards for the wedding invitation.

I got a free tote bag, discount coupons, calculator and wedding binder as freebies, too. =) Now, my wedding stuff stuff has it's own bag! Yipee!

(Ok, I admit... I'm a sucker for freebies!)

3 Comments:

Blogger notsquare said...

oh wow! things are moving soooo fast for you guys!!! :D

good luck with all the preps :D

10:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oo nga eh... lapit na! :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger d3nd3n said...

how exciting :) kami next year pa pre-cana namin. ang hirap ng overseas noh? pero kaya yan.

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home