caught in the middle
sitch 1: family fued
Yesterday was a bitch. I was feeling sick, hence I asked my folks to pick me up from work around 1pm. At 1:40pm, my called and asked where my dad and I were. I told her she never informed me that my dad is on the way.
In one word, it was CHAOS. I rushed downstairs only to find that there was no car waiting for me. It appeared that my dad got tired of waiting and left. After n number of texts and calls, my dad finally showed up to pick up my mom where she's at.
In one word, it was DRAMATIC. My mom rarely made a mistake, thus she didn't know how to handle it when she did. My dad rarely got mad but he disliked waiting. I didn't know what happened in the car, and truth be known, I'd rather not. I ended up taking a cab home.
In four words, ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. My mom was screaming on th phone talking to my grandma, while my dad was smoking his lungs off in the kitchen. I had to face them, comfort and pacify both of them (separately of course!) To think I was sick!
Maybe it was a good thing I was sick cause I probably would have joined their drama had I not been sick.
* * * * *
sitch 2: office politics
Getting caught between two opposing parties at the workplace is enough to drive me up the wall. Especially when it's personality differences and getting personal are the issues. Good thing, I have the head honcho to back me up.
Sometimes the worst thing to do for a job is to clean up other people's mess. However, the learning experience you're going to get is most likely worth it(not!). If you make it out of the mess, you can make it good where it's not so messy.
I can think of a lot of saying with this:
* If you make it here, you can make it anywhere.
* What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
* There's light at the end of the tunnel.
* A silver lining behind every dark cloud.
So much for sh*tty clichés.
Yesterday was a bitch. I was feeling sick, hence I asked my folks to pick me up from work around 1pm. At 1:40pm, my called and asked where my dad and I were. I told her she never informed me that my dad is on the way.
In one word, it was CHAOS. I rushed downstairs only to find that there was no car waiting for me. It appeared that my dad got tired of waiting and left. After n number of texts and calls, my dad finally showed up to pick up my mom where she's at.
In one word, it was DRAMATIC. My mom rarely made a mistake, thus she didn't know how to handle it when she did. My dad rarely got mad but he disliked waiting. I didn't know what happened in the car, and truth be known, I'd rather not. I ended up taking a cab home.
In four words, ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. My mom was screaming on th phone talking to my grandma, while my dad was smoking his lungs off in the kitchen. I had to face them, comfort and pacify both of them (separately of course!) To think I was sick!
Maybe it was a good thing I was sick cause I probably would have joined their drama had I not been sick.
* * * * *
sitch 2: office politics
Getting caught between two opposing parties at the workplace is enough to drive me up the wall. Especially when it's personality differences and getting personal are the issues. Good thing, I have the head honcho to back me up.
Sometimes the worst thing to do for a job is to clean up other people's mess. However, the learning experience you're going to get is most likely worth it
I can think of a lot of saying with this:
* If you make it here, you can make it anywhere.
* What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
* There's light at the end of the tunnel.
* A silver lining behind every dark cloud.
So much for sh*tty clichés.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home