Wednesday, June 09, 2004

pistons lost; it's a one all finals

I'm not a regular NBA fan (not even a PBA fan at all; just the ADMU-DLSU games). But I'd rather watch basketball than Miss Universe. Somehow the thought of watching skinny girls do the catwalk is not my idea of anticipation, excitment or even fun. Mostly, I just get insecure.

I only get active in watching NBA when it's the finals. It all started with the Michael Jordan and Chicago Bulls winning the finals in the 1990s. I find it too cumbersome to keep up-to-date with the regular season and the playoffs. It's much more exciting to watch when it's down to the last two.

I am not a fan of a particular team the way I used to be with the Chicago Bulls when Jordan and Pippen were still playing with Phil Jackson coaching. However, I'd take any team which opposes L.A. Lakers in the finals. Somehow I got sick and tired of seeing them win (although they didn't make it last year). Also, my dad is rooting for the Lakers, hence my brother and I teamed up to root for the Detroit Pistons.

I miss my college days when I can still watch the NBA finals at home (either no classes yet or I skip the classes since it's the first of school). I had a meeting earlier this morning which made me forget about the game, but when I did remember, I went around scouring for a television in the office. (I miss my old office -- we had cable tv in the library and I'd end up watching with my guy officemates.)

Unfortunately for me, I didn't find one that had the channel on. I had to resort to refreshing the NBA and Yahoo internet pages every n seconds. Good thing about the technology these days is that you can have an update on the game and even live commentary feeds. Filipinos must be known for their love of the game since the NBA site has a Tagalog feed in it!

Reading that the Pistons lowered the lead Lakers had for them, I got so excited. In the last ten seconds of the game, Pistons were leading by 3points. You could imagine me imaginarily jumping up and down my seat. Unfortunately, Mitch, an officemate, pronounced the words "It's a sure win [for the Pistons]!" that I knew it was a bad omen. Thus, the overtime and Pistons lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home