Monday, June 07, 2004

couch potato weekend: dvd and tv marathon

I literally spent the whole weekend in bed. Perfect bed weather with the rain drizzling on the rooftop, I am snuggled under my duvet with one hand inside a pack of chips, while the other holding the remote control. I was able to watch 7 DVD flicks over the weekend, namely (in the order that I watched it):

1. Something's Gotta Give
2. Cradle 2 the Grave
3. My Boss's Daugther
4. Underworld
5. Intolerable Cruelty
6. Last Samurai
7. Rundown

Among all the flicks, I really enjoyed Something's Gotta Give. Partly because it reflected a part of my life wherein I feel that I'd realize too late something good and I let it go (or most likely he did). If only real life would have happy endings like the movies...

In between those flicks, I was able to catch a 4-hour marathong of the best of CSI and CSI: Miami on Saturday afternoon. Quite frankly, out of the four, there was only one I didn't get to watch in the ordinary showing of the series. Despite the fact they were replays, I watched them anyway. (Shows how much I love the shows!)

Come Sunday afternoon, it was a couple of hours of WWE time. The Rock has always had a soft spot in my heart. Now he's sharing it with John Cena and Randy Orton.

As my good friend Migs mentioned, the whole concept of changing the name of World Wrestling Federation (WWF) to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) stressing on the ENTERTAINMENT. They inadvertently admitted that the matches are staged. This is a soap opera of its kind -- a macho kind of soap opera that guys would watch (and not be ashamed to admit that they do watch soap opera!) From love triangles, betrayal, and long standing fueds, it has your typical soap opera plot with the exception of bloodbaths (which normally happens in an episode or two).

Having a brother who is addicted to WWE Raw and Smackdown, as a bonding experience with him, I get to watch the shows every weekend (both Saturday and Sunday at Solar Channel). Quite admittedly, I am addicted to it and I keep track of their saga. Even my dad know who the superstars are. We only have our mom left to convert! Bwahahaha :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home