how to be dead
I love music. I wish God gave me the voice to sing or the talent to play instruments. I must have been sleeping when He showered the world with that. At least, I woke up by the time music appreciation was being distributed.
Periods of my life are marked with songs. I marvel at the lyrics and the fact that someone else was able to write what I had been longing to say or hear. Songs have the ability to encompass emotions into words and melodies -- this is beyond me. I know I cannot do it no matter how much I try and my only recourse is to "own" the songs in my everyday experiences, while giving credit to the people who made it.
A long time ago, I posted the albums I wanted to purchase and I was able to acquire 4 out of the 10, namely, Maroon5, Harry Connick Jr., Michael Buble, and Snow Patrol. Each of them met my expectations and I loved every single track.
One, though, had exceeded my expectation and stuck to me. (Probably cause the first time I heard it, I was with a crushie. :P) I listen to it as often as I could, even playing it on repeat when I go to bed, travel, or gym. The melody is great but the way the lyrics was written was absolutely wonderful.
In everything and in all my experiences, I pick up a lesson here and there. This song taught me:
Periods of my life are marked with songs. I marvel at the lyrics and the fact that someone else was able to write what I had been longing to say or hear. Songs have the ability to encompass emotions into words and melodies -- this is beyond me. I know I cannot do it no matter how much I try and my only recourse is to "own" the songs in my everyday experiences, while giving credit to the people who made it.
A long time ago, I posted the albums I wanted to purchase and I was able to acquire 4 out of the 10, namely, Maroon5, Harry Connick Jr., Michael Buble, and Snow Patrol. Each of them met my expectations and I loved every single track.
One, though, had exceeded my expectation and stuck to me. (Probably cause the first time I heard it, I was with a crushie. :P) I listen to it as often as I could, even playing it on repeat when I go to bed, travel, or gym. The melody is great but the way the lyrics was written was absolutely wonderful.
In everything and in all my experiences, I pick up a lesson here and there. This song taught me:
- It is imperative that your partner loves you more than you love him because a man who loves you more is more patient and more understanding than usual. They make effort to make things right and better for you and will not let you go without a fight.
- Men who call you terms of endearment like "baby", "sweetie", and "darling" is a manifestation that they are besotted to you, especially, when you hear them say it in public. Though, it may became a force of habit over time, the way they say it is like an affirmation that you are loved. Cherish it.
- In arguments, women talk more than men. Nagging would be the perfect term. If not that, then they offer stone cold silence. Most often than not, women assume too much because they think too much to a point that they assume that they know what their men are going to say. It pays to be quiet. You may just hear something that you didn't think your man could ever say.
- When couples fight, someone always take the blame. Men, not really liking the confrontation, tend to be quiet and shoulder the blame just to stop the argument from getting worse. Women, on the other hand, are infuriated more because the men are not talking causing them to think that their men are more to blame. Sometimes, I think, women just want to pick fights.
- Never assume that men know why the fight started in the first place. Most of the time, they are clueless on why you sparked and got pissed. They didn't know they stepped over a drawn line because they never knew there was one in the first place. But they stick it out cause they love you.
How to be Dead
Snow Patrol
Please don't go crazy if I tell you the truth
No you don't know what happened and you never will
If you don't listen to me while I talk to the wall
This blanket is freezing, it's been out in the hall
Where you've had me for hours til i'm sure what I want
But darlin' I want the same thing as I wanted before
So sweetie tell me what's up, I won't stop. No way.
Please keep your hands down and stop raising your voice
It's hardly what i'd be doing if you gave me a choice
It's a simple suggestion, can you give me some time?
So just say yes or no, why can't you shoulder the blame?
Cos' both my shoulders are heavy from the weight of us both
You're a big boy now so let's not talk about growth
You've not heard a single word I have said. Oh my God.
Please take it easy, it can't all be my fault
I haven't made half the mistakes that you've listed so far
Baby let me explain something, it's all down to drugs
At least I remember taking them and not a lot else
It seems i've stepped over lines you've drawn again and again
But if the ecstacy's in the wit is definately out
Doctor Jekyll is wrestling Hyde for my pride

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home