food cravings
Whenever I have food cravings, I really have food cravings and I get really weird specific food cravings.
Part of me thought it was just because I'm about to have my period. Normally, I would settle with a pint of Double Dutch or Coffee Crumble. Apparantly, it's not working since I'm a couple of days delayed. My food cravings have turned from sweet tooth to main lunches!
* * *
Last week, I took a day off work so that I could get to eat at Manang's (oh, yeah, I had to attend to some personal matter, as well.) Manang's is one of the canteens inside Ateneo de Manila, Loyola Campus, near the college covered courts. It basically serves inihaw (grilled pork), porkchop, gulay (veggies), among other things.
Neva, Cookie, and I are college batchmates. So when we met up for the Chocolate Buffet in Manila Penn, Cookie mentioned that she's been to Manang's recently. After which, we went on a trip down memory lane, recalling all the times we used to eat (and have fun) there.
Then we had a crazy idea of eating there on an ordinary school day. Among all of us, I was the only one who had an 8 to 5 job that required me to take a leave. So we set it.
If you're an Atenean, you know that Manang's is an institution. If you graduated a long time ago, and haven't been there for quite some time now, you would feel exactly how much we missed the food there. Thus, you would beenvious happy to know that we got to eat there.
Thursday, almost lunch time, we met up there and ordered enough food to feed an army. I have to admit, I gorged myself up with inihaw, porkchop, and ginatang kalabasa. I couldn't take another bite, swear, but I couldn't stop myself from eating. I even had two bottles of Mountain Dew to wash down what I ate.

If you happen to be in the Ateneo campus on a school day, make sure to passby Manang's. Promise you, it will be worth it. But be there before noon because the inihaws would be gone by 12:30pm.
* * *
Today, I had another craving. Sisig. And the best sisig in town is in Aysee, near Ultra here in Pasig. If you haven't been there, well, I have to say you're not really into sisig.
I asked people from work if they wanted to have lunch there and I got 5 "ayes". So the six of us packed ourselves in our officemate's lowered Honda Civic, cringing at every hump we passed on.
It was pretty packed when we got there. But soon enough, we got ourselves a table. We ordered sisig, pusit (squid), sizzling mushroom, crispy pork, extra rice, and a bottle Coke (1.5 liters).
It's pretty cheap, too! We only paid P76 per head. The only problem is that we ended up smelling like eau de sisig.
If you want to die early, eat there! You would have cholesterol overload. Hahaha :) Kidding aside, you should go there at least once to experience the best sisig in town.

Part of me thought it was just because I'm about to have my period. Normally, I would settle with a pint of Double Dutch or Coffee Crumble. Apparantly, it's not working since I'm a couple of days delayed. My food cravings have turned from sweet tooth to main lunches!
Last week, I took a day off work so that I could get to eat at Manang's (oh, yeah, I had to attend to some personal matter, as well.) Manang's is one of the canteens inside Ateneo de Manila, Loyola Campus, near the college covered courts. It basically serves inihaw (grilled pork), porkchop, gulay (veggies), among other things.
Neva, Cookie, and I are college batchmates. So when we met up for the Chocolate Buffet in Manila Penn, Cookie mentioned that she's been to Manang's recently. After which, we went on a trip down memory lane, recalling all the times we used to eat (and have fun) there.
Then we had a crazy idea of eating there on an ordinary school day. Among all of us, I was the only one who had an 8 to 5 job that required me to take a leave. So we set it.
If you're an Atenean, you know that Manang's is an institution. If you graduated a long time ago, and haven't been there for quite some time now, you would feel exactly how much we missed the food there. Thus, you would be
Thursday, almost lunch time, we met up there and ordered enough food to feed an army. I have to admit, I gorged myself up with inihaw, porkchop, and ginatang kalabasa. I couldn't take another bite, swear, but I couldn't stop myself from eating. I even had two bottles of Mountain Dew to wash down what I ate.

If you happen to be in the Ateneo campus on a school day, make sure to passby Manang's. Promise you, it will be worth it. But be there before noon because the inihaws would be gone by 12:30pm.
Today, I had another craving. Sisig. And the best sisig in town is in Aysee, near Ultra here in Pasig. If you haven't been there, well, I have to say you're not really into sisig.
I asked people from work if they wanted to have lunch there and I got 5 "ayes". So the six of us packed ourselves in our officemate's lowered Honda Civic, cringing at every hump we passed on.
It was pretty packed when we got there. But soon enough, we got ourselves a table. We ordered sisig, pusit (squid), sizzling mushroom, crispy pork, extra rice, and a bottle Coke (1.5 liters).
It's pretty cheap, too! We only paid P76 per head. The only problem is that we ended up smelling like eau de sisig.
If you want to die early, eat there! You would have cholesterol overload. Hahaha :) Kidding aside, you should go there at least once to experience the best sisig in town.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home