Tuesday, October 26, 2004

spilling the beans

Trust is very important to me. And so is a promise. If I promise something, I will do everything to keep that promise. And I expect the same thing.

I never realized how important it was until a situation happend. Somehow the secret was uncovered by powers of deduction and I got blamed for spilling. I really can't say much about it because then I would be breaking the promise.

It's just so infuriating! I wish I could say I am completely blameless but I swear I didn't say anything.

Why can't people just keep their mouth shut on affairs of others? The bad thing about it is that they don't confront the parties involved but rather discuss it with someone else making it sound like chismis.

I can't explain how it happend and what exactly happened cause I'm not sure. All I know is that it went around in circle and it reached the point of origin. Though I swear I kept my promise to the best of my abilities, I can't control the movements of those around me.

All I know now is that my word has been compromised and I didn't even break it. Trust (and a promise) is like a piece of glass. You hold it genty, not too tight or too loose. You safeguard it so that it wouldn't break by accident or intent. Because once it's shattered, no matter how much you carefully put it back, it would never be the same. The places where you glued them will always mark and will always remind you that it was once broken.

There are no undos or wipe-offs in this kind of situation. No matter how much you hope ofr a clean slate or a second chance, the mark of what you did would always be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home