Sunday, October 24, 2004

territorial instincts

Last night I met with my college friends for dinner at Burgoo, Tomas Morato. Since one of us is soon to get married, we're trying to squeeze in meeting as often as possible as Jane is likely to move to China after the wedding.


We got to meet Anna's new boyfriend, which meant an addition to the roster of men in our college barkada -- now composed of 2 boyfriends, 1 fiancee, and a husband. That left Sarah and I "significant-other-less".

This meant hot-seat time for the new couple. However, given that I had a mentos moment of breaking the heel of my shoe and losing an earring sometime between meeting up and appetizers at Burgoo, I wasn't in my best Kris Aquino-Boy Abunda form of hot-seating the new man in Anna's life. But I got the information that I needed as Anna's friend -- that the guy is serious with her (meaning he's not in it for kicks). I hope to see more of him (with her, of course!) in future barkada gimiks.

When we got to Seattle's Best, E. Rod, for after dinner coffee, it was my turn to be hot-seated. My friends knew that I have a date with P after dinner and coffee. Naturally, they were curious about this guy who I have been constantly dating in the past two weeks. Very curious indeed. When P called that he was there already and waiting in the car, my friends, especially, Issh, were adamant to let me go. They insisted he pick me up on the 2nd floor.

I told them that P had a policy of no-meeting-of-friends. He tried to explain why he found it uncomfortable. Though, I may not agree with it, I accept his decision. (There'a another policy on giving gifts, which meant no giving him gifts on my part. Seems like he doesn't want to be reminded of me if we stop seeing each other.) I asked my friends to understand.

I think they're going along with it because they know it's not serious. Come to think of it, my friends never met all of my three exs before like the way we met all of their exs and presents. Hmmmm, guess it means that if I do introduce a guy to my college barkada, he must be really serious!

* * *

P and I were supposed to go to Sibil, Tomas Morato. But when we passed by at 1030pm, he found it "dead" so we headed to Xaymaca for our first round of drinks. I don't really appreciate reggae that much so I didn't enjoy the place.

Around midnight, I then asked him if we could go to Sibil to check out the place cause I was really in the mood to dance but not reggae-style. We walked from Xymaca to Sibil, which I initially thought was near. It might be, except that I was wearing three-inch heels, which made the walk torturous half-way through. (Oh yeah, my arm got hit by a car's side mirror somewhere in between the two points, probably because the driver was too drunk to be conscious of the elements outside his car or maybe he was fooling aournd while driving.)

Knowing that I wasn't having a very good night (i.e. heels, earring, and being hit), P was very sweet and intent on giving me what I want. After getting some dough in the bank, we entered Sibil. It wasn't jam-packed but there were a lot of people. We got lucky and found ourselves a small table near a corner.

I was served two vodka tonics immediately and I drowned them as soon as they were served. It must be the walk that got me so thirsty and sweaty. We started dancing to the kind of music I enjoyed, i.e. those found in the cd given by DJ Paulo. As Satisfaction played loudly in the room and with the alcohol getting to my head, I danced uninhibitedly.

Soon after, I felt P's arms around me, dancing with me. Maybe I'm just dense but I never thought anything about it. It just felt good dancing with a man who can actually dance (and not gay!), compared with dancing with the girls at Sidebar (no offense girlfriends!). He started saying that I looked damn attractive in my attire and smelled so good, sweat and all. (Yes, we were that near)

It took me a while to figure out he was marking his territory. Apparantly, according to him, some guys were watching me and started dancing near me as if wanting to dance with me. I told him that wasn't true. No guy would want to dance with me when three girls were dancing at the ledge, bra-less and showing their boobies in public. (I think there was a point one of the started to show her ass but stopped to the crowd's dismay.)

Yaw sexy ladies want par with us
In a the car with us
Them nah war with us
In a the club them want flex with us
To get next to us
Them cah vex with us
From the day me born jah ignite me flame gal a call me name and its me fame
It's all good girl turn me on
'Til a early morn'
Let's get it on
Let's get it on 'til a early morn'
Girl it's all good just turn me on
-- Get Busy (Sean Paul)

As the girls' show progressed in the ledge, he turned his back on them, sat down and watched me dance. I thought it was pretty nice that he didn't want to pay attention to the other men in the area. So unlike to what I got used to with guys who are obvious at checking out the other chicks, even though they're already with someone. He pulled me close and said to my ear, "You're mine [tonight]."

Duhr. It's not like I got to the place with him and I'm leaving with another. I best replied to his comment by dancing for him.

Talk about experiencing something for the first time. I never thought I'd experience ma-bakuran or a guy telling me he's getting jealous of the mere thought that other guys watching. Somehow I found it sweet, and at the same time, confusing. I mean, he and I aren't serious... Or are we? Or maybe it's all the alcohol talking.

We did manage to talk about it an hour after leaving Sibil. Only it left me more confused. He said one thing, while dancing, and another during the talk before the ride home. That he's not really a jealous person, at least not unreasonably so. He mentioned also that he wouldn't bring me back to Sibil, but later on changed his mind when he knew that I really had a fantastic time there.

Maybe I shouldn't read too much about it. I'll chalk it up to alcohol and experience.

Maybe I shouldn't have written this post at all, knowing that he reads my blog. Ack! Big mistake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home