nice guy
Last Saturday, I spent a night with a very nice "boy-friend" (name withheld per request).b
We met up after my dinner with Cookie at Cafe Breton, Podium and immediately went up to catch the 8pm screening of Before Sunset. We were some 10 minutes late so we ended up catching the first part of the 10pm screening.
We had a bit of a chat in between the movie showings and I found myself sitting in fornt of a guy who wouldn't mind watching chick flicks. You can imagine my delight at having found myself an instant movie buddy. Although, he pointed out, that we've only watched one movie together so we don't count as movie buddies yet.
We both liked the movie and we ended up talking about personal stuff. He tried his best to convince me to change my views on mynon-existent lovelife. I found it admirable that he was pretty open about his personal life and views. I guess his experience with life and love has brought wisdom in his words. Though he may have juvenile tendencies, he's mature enough to handle the other stuff. I guess in his old self (him being n years older than me), the kid inside thrives.
After the movie,he we had dinner at UCC and I get to show him how great my phone-pda is. (The music at UCC sucked!) With over 100 mp3s in my SD card, we spent a couple of hours screening through the songs on my playlist. It was funny that despite him being n number of years my senior, we liked the same music, ranging from Craig David to Eminem, Black Eyed Peas to Red Hot Chili Peppers. And he admited he dances and likes to dance -- to the point that I dared him to go to Sidebar for some late night dancing. But he said, no, he was tired. (We're now scheduled for Sibil one of these days.)
A little after midnight, he started feeling woozy and I invited him to walk so that he can get some air. On the way to Emerald Ave., we talked about his frustrations about ex-girlfriends not wanting to watch him play basketball and my frustrations on ex-boyfriends not interested in the game. I told him I'd watch him play one of these days just so that it would lighten up his frustrations.
As we walked, we ended up singing With a Smile by the Eraserheads for lack of a better song to sing and he briefly mentioned he played the guitar. (I so love guys who know how to play the guitar!) We ended up at Starbucks in Emerald where I ordered him New York Cheesecake to satisfy his sweet tooth. We ended up looking at the full moon on the sky and talked about everything and nothing in particular.
By 130am it was time to go home. In the deserted street of Emerald Ave., he gave me a bear hug and a kiss on the forehead as send-off before I rode the cab.
* * *
By now, I would imagine, you'd be very kilig and thinking, "This is it! Goodness, she has found the one."
Truth be told, he fit the profile of what I'd want my guy to be. He came from one of the acceptable schools. He speaks good english, even writes and sings well. He plays basketball and the guitar. He likes movies and his taste in music is wide (like me!). He even loves shopping with girls. He loves food and cooks, too! He's taller than me and built bigger. He gives a great hug. He's a gentleman (i.e. never lets me pay for movies and dinner unless I offer to do so.) He wears glasses, which at times, I find cute. Ok, fine, according to him he's cute, too! And charming.
Well, sister, as much as I'd like to think I've found the one, I haven't.
Despite all what I have written on this great night and great guy, there's nothing to it than platonic friendship. There's no zsa zsa zsu to speak off that would make me think this would go into anything romantic.
The proofs that there's no emotinal thingy on it for me are (1) the fact that while he was with me, he called his ex-girlfriend for some urgent matter, and (2) he's too caught up with the girl he presently likes. I didn't feel jealousy or possessiveness or anything indicative that would make me think I like him more than a friend. Or maybe it's because I don't think he'd see me as the special someone, hence I wouldn't see him as such.
One thing's for sure, it would be such a waste of a beautiful friendship if the romantic notions of love ever happen on it.
We met up after my dinner with Cookie at Cafe Breton, Podium and immediately went up to catch the 8pm screening of Before Sunset. We were some 10 minutes late so we ended up catching the first part of the 10pm screening.
We had a bit of a chat in between the movie showings and I found myself sitting in fornt of a guy who wouldn't mind watching chick flicks. You can imagine my delight at having found myself an instant movie buddy. Although, he pointed out, that we've only watched one movie together so we don't count as movie buddies yet.
We both liked the movie and we ended up talking about personal stuff. He tried his best to convince me to change my views on my
After the movie,
A little after midnight, he started feeling woozy and I invited him to walk so that he can get some air. On the way to Emerald Ave., we talked about his frustrations about ex-girlfriends not wanting to watch him play basketball and my frustrations on ex-boyfriends not interested in the game. I told him I'd watch him play one of these days just so that it would lighten up his frustrations.
As we walked, we ended up singing With a Smile by the Eraserheads for lack of a better song to sing and he briefly mentioned he played the guitar. (I so love guys who know how to play the guitar!) We ended up at Starbucks in Emerald where I ordered him New York Cheesecake to satisfy his sweet tooth. We ended up looking at the full moon on the sky and talked about everything and nothing in particular.
By 130am it was time to go home. In the deserted street of Emerald Ave., he gave me a bear hug and a kiss on the forehead as send-off before I rode the cab.
By now, I would imagine, you'd be very kilig and thinking, "This is it! Goodness, she has found the one."
Truth be told, he fit the profile of what I'd want my guy to be. He came from one of the acceptable schools. He speaks good english, even writes and sings well. He plays basketball and the guitar. He likes movies and his taste in music is wide (like me!). He even loves shopping with girls. He loves food and cooks, too! He's taller than me and built bigger. He gives a great hug. He's a gentleman (i.e. never lets me pay for movies and dinner unless I offer to do so.) He wears glasses, which at times, I find cute. Ok, fine, according to him he's cute, too! And charming.
Well, sister, as much as I'd like to think I've found the one, I haven't.
Despite all what I have written on this great night and great guy, there's nothing to it than platonic friendship. There's no zsa zsa zsu to speak off that would make me think this would go into anything romantic.
The proofs that there's no emotinal thingy on it for me are (1) the fact that while he was with me, he called his ex-girlfriend for some urgent matter, and (2) he's too caught up with the girl he presently likes. I didn't feel jealousy or possessiveness or anything indicative that would make me think I like him more than a friend. Or maybe it's because I don't think he'd see me as the special someone, hence I wouldn't see him as such.
One thing's for sure, it would be such a waste of a beautiful friendship if the romantic notions of love ever happen on it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home