Tuesday, December 28, 2004

christmas report

Christmas was uneventful despite the numerous parties I attended. The only things exciting worth mentioning are:
  1. I lost 7lbs since the start of December and thank God I haven't gained an ounce back despite the dozens of dinner parties I attended.
  2. I was pretty much dateless in all of the dinner parties but I had fun being with friends and their significant others.
  3. On Christmas Eve, I was dancing by myself,in my room, to All I Want For Christmas (I'm not sure if its Mariah Carey's version).
All I want for Christmas

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
And I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas day
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you

I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
And I, I just wanna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for St. Nick
I won't even stay awake
To hear those magic reindeer click
Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding onto me so tight
What more can I do
Oh baby, all I want for Christmas is you

All the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of childrens'
Laughter fills the air
And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa won't you bring me
The one I really need
Won't you please bring my baby to me, quickly

I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just wanna see my baby
Standing right outside my door
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Baby, all I want for Christmas is you
All I want for Christmas is you, baby
[repeat til fade]

Although a lot of things happened (who I met, what gifts I got, where I went, etc.), none stands out as the story to tell, or even a highlight on my Christmas break (except Abbey's death).

Does having a lukewarm Christmas means I'm just getting old? Or have I lost my Christmas spirit in the past holidays that I spent without my own s.o.?

I wonder if I can have the same fervor a child feels whenever Christmas is just around the corner.

Maybe the winds will change in the next few days. Just in time for the new year.

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve
by Lee Ann Womack

Maybe it's much too early in the game
Ah, but I thought I'd ask you just the same
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's Eve?
Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight
When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night
Welcoming in the New Year
New Year's Eve
Maybe I'm crazy to suppose
I'd ever be the one you chose
Out of a thousand invitations
You'd receive
Ah, but in case I stand one little chance
Here comes the jackpot question in advance
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's Eve?
Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight
When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night
Welcoming in the New Year
New Year's Eve
What are you doing New Year's Eve?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home