Monday, December 20, 2004

party weekend

My weekend was hectic. I had my social calendar filled up to the brim. Company Christmas party (Friday night), dancing in Manila Penn (Saturday early morning), nephew's christening (Saturday morning), surprise birthday party for a dear friend (Saturday night), and a friend's engagement party (Sunday morning).

* * *

Company party was held at The Fort. I was in Makati earlier to borrow Mark's red leather jacket to complete my attire. It was a punk debut so I was dressed in the gown I used for my cousin's wedding, fishnet stockings, boots, and Mark's jacket. I had leather collar and bracelet to accent the punk in my costume.



I was tasked to emcee the night's festivities, hence it was pure work for me. Not that much fun. I didn't get to enjoy myself much, didn't even get to drink much, too. I was on stage most of the time, raffling off stuff, hosting the games, and coordinating with the people responsible for the videos and presentations.

The night ended with me winning an industrial fan and two officemates ten thousand pesos richer. However, there was still no announcement for the Christmas bonus.


Mark was supposed to bring me home that night with Kris cause we were to gimik after the party. However, he got himself together with his girlfriend, and that left Kris (on another gimik) and me driverless. Good thing, my good bosses (guy who's hair is green) offered to give me a ride home. That is, after a gimik in Manila Penn's Conservatory.

They wanted to dance and so we did. Went home around 330am.

* * *

Went to Alabang before noon for my nephew's christening. I was godmother and I was late. Not because I didn't get to wake up, but because my parents had to run some business errands.

I decided to stay in Alabang and let my parents go home without me. I figured I'd head straight to Dexter's birthday party in West Ave., QC, since my cousin's boyfriend live near the area.

I invited my cousins to take me to Festival Mall since I've never been there before. Now, I can finally say I've gone there. (Sh*t, ang babaw! Bwahahaha!)

* * *

In my friend's surprise birthday party, he didn't look that surprised when he saw us. Well, he was, but it didn't show much on his chinese features.

Suffice to say, most of his friends are already married, with him being 33 this year, and very Chinese. I mean, all of them were and they were speaking the language.

Guess what? I'm the only non-Chinese there! My dad said, it's ok, cause I could pass off as Chinese with my small eyes. I don't think so! I think I'm too dark to be Chinese.

* * *

Speaking of Chinese, the early morning engagement party I ended last Sunday is also Chinese. I think I was still the only non-Chinese there. It felt so weird being in a house where you couldn't understand what was being said.

Also, it was amazing on how the ting hun was. It's like watching Mano Po (the movie) live. It started with my friend walking down the stairs backwards. They were given pairs of watches and necklace, serving tea by seniority to each other's family, having 12 dresses for the girl, bringing the cakes (his and hers) around the house, giving flowers to single women, among other things. They did a lot of things and followed a lot of rules, like if you're born on a particular year, you're not invited even if you're the engaged couple's relative.

I don't know why they did this -- tradition, for most parts. It was fun watching but I'm glad I'm not Chinese.

* * *

No wonder when I came home at 2pm from my friend's ting hun, I slept and I woke up at 7am this morning.

Somehow, after 17 hours of sleep, I still feel sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home