a different kind of trip
I haven't gimiked for a long time now. The kind of gimik you go out drinking, dancing, and singing. I think the last time I came home morning already (meaning the sun's up by then) was when my balikbayan cousin and her hubby was still here.
So last December 29, after a planned gimik gone sour at the last minute, Mark, Kris, and I met up around 10pm in Makati and headed out to Malate -- my second time this year. In fact, the second time in my entire life.
We started out dancing when the place was still empty. By midnight, there were contests being held at the establishment and the guys convinced me to enter the beer bong contest. Not that they really had to force me. I really should have won in the elimination round but I guess the servers favored someone else. Anyhoo, we went on to watch the ledge dancing contest, where some biatch from California won the game. She did some more dancing when she got awarded her 1K prize. By then, Kris was soooo in love (or should I say in lust) with the chick.
The place really got crowded that we decided to transfer to another bar where Kris and Mark can sing their hearts out. Unfortunately for us, the servers in the bar were not so attentive to our singing needs that Kris had to make complaints with the manager. Fortunately for us, and unfortunately for them, Kris knew the owner of the joint. So, it's an understatement to say that he made a scene in there.
We headed back to dancing place (after the boys eating a bite of squid balls they were selling on the streets.) By 4am, one of us was definitely not in the mood anymore. Although Kris wanted to stay and dance with the biatch from Cali, Mark was in the mood to go home already.
So off we went...
Looking for an open Kowloon. None of really had a decent meal before drinking and suddenly we were feeling hunger pangs.
But alas, no Kowloon was open to serve our stomach needs. So we headed further south looking for a place to eat. Then someone (I'm really not sure who) suggested we head out to Tagaytay.
I knew I was going to get in trouble at home but at that point in time, I didn't care. All I knew was that it wasn't often that we would gimik that way and that I wanted to catch the sunrise in Tagaytay.
We reached Taal Vista just in time for the sun to rise. It was freaking cold. We all didn't have jackets nor did we have a digital camera with us to capture the moment. All we had was my handy o2xda II to store the memories of that trip.
the sky at 6:05 am and at 6:38 am respectively

So last December 29, after a planned gimik gone sour at the last minute, Mark, Kris, and I met up around 10pm in Makati and headed out to Malate -- my second time this year. In fact, the second time in my entire life.
We started out dancing when the place was still empty. By midnight, there were contests being held at the establishment and the guys convinced me to enter the beer bong contest. Not that they really had to force me. I really should have won in the elimination round but I guess the servers favored someone else. Anyhoo, we went on to watch the ledge dancing contest, where some biatch from California won the game. She did some more dancing when she got awarded her 1K prize. By then, Kris was soooo in love (or should I say in lust) with the chick.
The place really got crowded that we decided to transfer to another bar where Kris and Mark can sing their hearts out. Unfortunately for us, the servers in the bar were not so attentive to our singing needs that Kris had to make complaints with the manager. Fortunately for us, and unfortunately for them, Kris knew the owner of the joint. So, it's an understatement to say that he made a scene in there.
We headed back to dancing place (after the boys eating a bite of squid balls they were selling on the streets.) By 4am, one of us was definitely not in the mood anymore. Although Kris wanted to stay and dance with the biatch from Cali, Mark was in the mood to go home already.
So off we went...
Looking for an open Kowloon. None of really had a decent meal before drinking and suddenly we were feeling hunger pangs.
But alas, no Kowloon was open to serve our stomach needs. So we headed further south looking for a place to eat. Then someone (I'm really not sure who) suggested we head out to Tagaytay.
I knew I was going to get in trouble at home but at that point in time, I didn't care. All I knew was that it wasn't often that we would gimik that way and that I wanted to catch the sunrise in Tagaytay.
We reached Taal Vista just in time for the sun to rise. It was freaking cold. We all didn't have jackets nor did we have a digital camera with us to capture the moment. All we had was my handy o2xda II to store the memories of that trip.
the sky at 6:05 am and at 6:38 am respectively


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home