two weddings down, a lot more to go
This year alone, I'll be attending eight weddings. Thankfully, I'll just be a bridesmaid once. Last year, it was three out of three weddings!
In a matter of one week, I attended two weddings - one of my cousin's bestfriend, Eric, who became an adopted cousin over the years, and the other's my college barkada, Jane, the second girl to get married in the group of 6.
Eric is someone whom my parents (and his!) would want me to end up with. We practically grew up with each other, riding the same school bus service since gradeschool. I was his date in his highschool graduation ball, while he was a member of my 18 roses. He was someone I could ask favor from, whether it be writing cds, picking me up from wherever, or watching movies. I have relied on him a lot, like I would my cousin.
And that's all it ever was. On my side.
Sitting at the back of the church, I wonder what-if. I guess we could have been more than just friends. But I don't think I could ever love him as much as his wife, Dianne, loves him.
Hmmm, maybe I'll just wait for his nephew.
* * *
The other wedding is what someone can call a whirlwind romance. One moment they met, the next they got together. One moment they're engaged, the next they're married. Soon they're leaving to settle elsewhere.
I was almost scared we wouldn't get to the church on time. Although I was just the commentator for their nuptial mass, my other two carpoolmates were part of the entourage. I guess I didn't realize how highly stressed I was about the not making it on time (primarily because I experienced it once before) and about the role I had to do until we reached the hotel lounge and I felt my head hurt like hell.
Good thing, my new found friend Lea, offered me a glass of red wine and smoked with me. (My college friends don't smoke at all and they don't like it that I do.) I met Lea in Jane's shower a couple of weeks back and we hit it off immediately. Primarily, it's because we were the only smokers in the group of girls. She's like the ate I never had.
Sometimes you just need to be taken care of, when you get tired of taking care of everyone else around you. Funny thing is, the one who takes care of you is not likely one of the people you're taking care of.

In a matter of one week, I attended two weddings - one of my cousin's bestfriend, Eric, who became an adopted cousin over the years, and the other's my college barkada, Jane, the second girl to get married in the group of 6.
Eric is someone whom my parents (and his!) would want me to end up with. We practically grew up with each other, riding the same school bus service since gradeschool. I was his date in his highschool graduation ball, while he was a member of my 18 roses. He was someone I could ask favor from, whether it be writing cds, picking me up from wherever, or watching movies. I have relied on him a lot, like I would my cousin.
And that's all it ever was. On my side.
Sitting at the back of the church, I wonder what-if. I guess we could have been more than just friends. But I don't think I could ever love him as much as his wife, Dianne, loves him.
Hmmm, maybe I'll just wait for his nephew.
* * *
The other wedding is what someone can call a whirlwind romance. One moment they met, the next they got together. One moment they're engaged, the next they're married. Soon they're leaving to settle elsewhere.
I was almost scared we wouldn't get to the church on time. Although I was just the commentator for their nuptial mass, my other two carpoolmates were part of the entourage. I guess I didn't realize how highly stressed I was about the not making it on time (primarily because I experienced it once before) and about the role I had to do until we reached the hotel lounge and I felt my head hurt like hell.
Good thing, my new found friend Lea, offered me a glass of red wine and smoked with me. (My college friends don't smoke at all and they don't like it that I do.) I met Lea in Jane's shower a couple of weeks back and we hit it off immediately. Primarily, it's because we were the only smokers in the group of girls. She's like the ate I never had.
Sometimes you just need to be taken care of, when you get tired of taking care of everyone else around you. Funny thing is, the one who takes care of you is not likely one of the people you're taking care of.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home