day off
Yesterday, I took a day off from work. I still have 5 days of 2004 vacation leaves that I have to use before February 2005 ends. After yesterday, I'm down to 4 days (and 15 days more for 2005.)
My day off at work meant a day of hardwork at home. I spent the whole day cleaning up my room (removing cobwebs everywhere), rearranging the bed as my mom told me to (as prescribed by feng shui), and doing my laundry which (included bedsheets and comforter). Quite frankly, I haven't done much household work for a while that my whole body ached midway through the day. But then, I didn't get any help at all since my folks were out of town and my brother was in school.
Somehow I'm not sure which is better... Spending a day working in the office (with my mind dead tired and head aching at the end of the day) or cleaning up the house (with my muscle aching and my nose running -- me being allergic to dust and all)?
* * *
After the hard day, I treated myself (and cousins) to a dinner at Italianni's (in Greenbelt2) and a movie, Elektra (in Greenbelt3).
We didn't get to finish half of the pizza so we asked one of the servers to wrap it up for us. With the flurry of us picture-taking, paying, and rushing to play in Timezone before the movie, we forgot about the pizza we asked to be wrapped.
It wasn't until my mom texted in the middle of the movie that she wanted pasalubong (take-away) that I remembered the half pizza we asked to be wrapped but didn't receive at the resto. So after the credits, we rushed all the way to Italianni's and asked if they kept the pizza that we didn't receive (two hours earlier).
I wasn't sure what the outcome would be and I didn't like the idea of subjecting myself into an embarassing situation. Had it not been for my mom's request of pasalubong, I wouldn't go through the experience.
When we reached Italiannis, the people there were so nice. I told them it wasn't Weng's (our server) fault because I didn't give the pizza to her. I gave it to a guy but I don't remember his face. Anyhoo, we were just asking if it was possible that someone kept it or something.
One of the managers, Arnel (I think!), talked to us and did the nicest thing. He asked what the pizza was, told us that he'd have one made (for my mom, specifically), and apologized for the inconvenience. Wasn't that magnanimous of him? We were only to take home half a pizza, and now we're taking home a freshly baked whole pizza!
Thanks a whole bunch, Italiannis! We're sure to come back for the excellent service.
* * *
SPOILER!!!
Oh yeah, Elektra wasn't that great -- much as I love Jennifer Garner. I don't understand why scriptwriters and directors feel they have to put in romantic scenes when it's totally irrelevant to the story!
My day off at work meant a day of hardwork at home. I spent the whole day cleaning up my room (removing cobwebs everywhere), rearranging the bed as my mom told me to (as prescribed by feng shui), and doing my laundry which (included bedsheets and comforter). Quite frankly, I haven't done much household work for a while that my whole body ached midway through the day. But then, I didn't get any help at all since my folks were out of town and my brother was in school.
Somehow I'm not sure which is better... Spending a day working in the office (with my mind dead tired and head aching at the end of the day) or cleaning up the house (with my muscle aching and my nose running -- me being allergic to dust and all)?
After the hard day, I treated myself (and cousins) to a dinner at Italianni's (in Greenbelt2) and a movie, Elektra (in Greenbelt3).
We didn't get to finish half of the pizza so we asked one of the servers to wrap it up for us. With the flurry of us picture-taking, paying, and rushing to play in Timezone before the movie, we forgot about the pizza we asked to be wrapped.
It wasn't until my mom texted in the middle of the movie that she wanted pasalubong (take-away) that I remembered the half pizza we asked to be wrapped but didn't receive at the resto. So after the credits, we rushed all the way to Italianni's and asked if they kept the pizza that we didn't receive (two hours earlier).
I wasn't sure what the outcome would be and I didn't like the idea of subjecting myself into an embarassing situation. Had it not been for my mom's request of pasalubong, I wouldn't go through the experience.
When we reached Italiannis, the people there were so nice. I told them it wasn't Weng's (our server) fault because I didn't give the pizza to her. I gave it to a guy but I don't remember his face. Anyhoo, we were just asking if it was possible that someone kept it or something.
One of the managers, Arnel (I think!), talked to us and did the nicest thing. He asked what the pizza was, told us that he'd have one made (for my mom, specifically), and apologized for the inconvenience. Wasn't that magnanimous of him? We were only to take home half a pizza, and now we're taking home a freshly baked whole pizza!
Thanks a whole bunch, Italiannis! We're sure to come back for the excellent service.
* * *
SPOILER!!!
Oh yeah, Elektra wasn't that great -- much as I love Jennifer Garner. I don't understand why scriptwriters and directors feel they have to put in romantic scenes when it's totally irrelevant to the story!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home