a bottle of red wine and a pitcher of sangria
Last night I went drinking with my new found friend, Lea (first mentioned on this post), for a much needed after office drinking. We got the cheapest bottle of red wine in Casa Armas, The Podium and ordered salpicao and rice to share. I insisted she taste the sangria there as it is their house specialty.
For a little over two hours, we drank our way through the conversation, jumping from family, friends, work, fears, jewelries, and the future. It's so great to find a kindered spirit that makes you forget you're from different age groups, backgrounds, and marital status. It's even greater that you don't need to have the same bloodlines or long history to make you realize what treasure you've found in the other person.
We've only met three times in total but I feel I know her my whole life. I mentioned before that she's like the ate (older sister) I've never had. But it's more than that. She sees in me her past, while I see in her my future. If thisgirl woman was your cheerleader, you would believe in the best of everything in yourself and she would motivate you to optimize your abilities and exceed your personal expectations of living life.
"Enjoy life while your single. Do everything you want to do. Sieze the day. Travel. Have fun. Kid, you're going to go places. And we are going to enjoy the most expensive bottle of wine when you get to the top."
It was with her that I have come to verbalize this: I'm unique. I'm intelligent. I'm strong. And that I should be demure so as not to scare the men away. (Seeing that she actually "caught" a good man using that tactic, I could see there are merits to toning down a bit.) She made me see the possible opportunities, career-wise, ahead of me. She's even encouraging me to take up law!
Who needs men when you have friends like her??? (Of course, there are things that only a man can do to a woman but let's not get to that.)
I used to think I'm nobody until somebody loves me. That I can't be happy unless I receive the affirmation of a guy loving me and only in that can I love myself and be content. It is with Lea that I have come to realize the fallibility in this line of thinking.
There's so much in me to love that I do not need a man's love to prove that.
I am single. I am unattached. I am free. For the first time in my 26 years, I honestly don't mind being all these. I am content without a man by my side. I am actually happy at being single with nobody spicing up my day (a.k.a. kilig factor.)
My family loves me. My friends love me. I love me. =)
Footnote: I got home so drunk that I barely managed to undress before passing out.
Footnote#2: It's so much better drinking when you're not angry at the world, or troubled and stressed by your worries. The best time in the world to drink is when you're happy. You'll definitely be happier.
Footnote#3: I'm having a hang-over. Not the headache physical kind. Rather, on being high. Natural high, I might add. I'm still ecstatic after last night. Shows, doesn't it?
For a little over two hours, we drank our way through the conversation, jumping from family, friends, work, fears, jewelries, and the future. It's so great to find a kindered spirit that makes you forget you're from different age groups, backgrounds, and marital status. It's even greater that you don't need to have the same bloodlines or long history to make you realize what treasure you've found in the other person.
We've only met three times in total but I feel I know her my whole life. I mentioned before that she's like the ate (older sister) I've never had. But it's more than that. She sees in me her past, while I see in her my future. If this
"Enjoy life while your single. Do everything you want to do. Sieze the day. Travel. Have fun. Kid, you're going to go places. And we are going to enjoy the most expensive bottle of wine when you get to the top."
It was with her that I have come to verbalize this: I'm unique. I'm intelligent. I'm strong. And that I should be demure so as not to scare the men away. (Seeing that she actually "caught" a good man using that tactic, I could see there are merits to toning down a bit.) She made me see the possible opportunities, career-wise, ahead of me. She's even encouraging me to take up law!
Who needs men when you have friends like her??? (Of course, there are things that only a man can do to a woman but let's not get to that.)
I used to think I'm nobody until somebody loves me. That I can't be happy unless I receive the affirmation of a guy loving me and only in that can I love myself and be content. It is with Lea that I have come to realize the fallibility in this line of thinking.
There's so much in me to love that I do not need a man's love to prove that.
I am single. I am unattached. I am free. For the first time in my 26 years, I honestly don't mind being all these. I am content without a man by my side. I am actually happy at being single with nobody spicing up my day (a.k.a. kilig factor.)
My family loves me. My friends love me. I love me. =)
Footnote: I got home so drunk that I barely managed to undress before passing out.
Footnote#2: It's so much better drinking when you're not angry at the world, or troubled and stressed by your worries. The best time in the world to drink is when you're happy. You'll definitely be happier.
Footnote#3: I'm having a hang-over. Not the headache physical kind. Rather, on being high. Natural high, I might add. I'm still ecstatic after last night. Shows, doesn't it?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home