Thursday, May 27, 2004

delaying tactics

Politics has never been my cup of tea. Yes, I have an opinion here and there, which does not qualify me as an apathetic Filipino, but I find it too cumbersome to be involved.

Simple things are made complicated because of vested interests. I can't believe when I heard (and read) what happened last night during the debate of Congress regarding the proposed rules in canvassing for the presidency and vice-presidency. Shouting of "shut ups" over a note passed during a debate, can you actually believe this? The last time I passed a note was in school with my buzzfriend Kten! To think this is Congress!

With the affected congressman reacting to the note and shouted at the house deputy speaker the exact words he received, it sure sounds comical and I'm glad I didn't get to see it. Still reading about it makes me think how immature they acted and how easily affected they can be. Hence, I reach the conclusion that it has become a personal thing and not just doing one's duties and responsibilities.

Isn't it supposed to be that Congress represents the welfare and sentiments of the people and not the parties or candidates they prefer? Why are they making such a big deal about this, insinuating on the premise that cheating transpired in the May 10 elections? Why can't we just keep it plain and simple?

But then again, it wouldn't be Philippine Politics if it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home