Wednesday, May 19, 2004

on a lighter note

birthday shout out

Today is my dad's birthday. Happy birthday, Papiyo! From your most beautiful daughter (and the only one that we know of!) :)


Happy birthday also to my dear friend, Anna. She's been one of the most steadfast friends I know. I wish for you everything your heart desires (limited to what is allowable and good for you!) May you find what you are looking for in life and love. I hope you have a good day today.

* * * * *

today's homily

As it is my dad's birthday, the family went to mass first thing in the morning. I was bothered by something last night and I saw (rather heard) the "light" of my worries in today's homily. Simply put, the priest said, "Whenever we ask God for something, we demand what we want or how we want things to be. We are limited by what we know and react based on those assumptions. But understanding God and his ways is beyond our understanding. Why can't we just let God be God and have faith in him?"

* * * * *

telebabad

Last night, Cookie gave me a call from Singapore. We ended up talking for an hour, as if we were making local calls!

One thing is clear, if I do decide to go to Singapore, I have a place to stay in (Remai), food to eat (Rick), and someone to treat me to the pasyal places (Cookie). Don't you just love your friends when they're outside the country? ;)

* * * * *

black eyed peas

I'm addicted to Hey Mama of Black Eyed Peas. Due to my street dancing class last night, I'm contemplating of buying their album. Going to their concert is dependent on how good their album is. Do any of you have feedback on their album??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home