one down, five to go
My good friend Gilbey got married to a good man, Schuyler, yesterday morning. It was a pretty good celebration from mass to reception, considering that the mass was at 11am and the reception at 730pm.
I was a bridesmaid in this wedding. All in the name of love and friendship, I endured about 10 hours strapped in my gown, barely breathing. It was pretty tight on the bust and stomach areas but otherwise have space on others. In fairness the gown looked good and made me look sexy up front. However, every time I ate, I ended up looking like a tadpole wearing a haltered mermaid-style long gown (side view).

After every meal, I sneaked off for a fag from my friends and their parents. (I was warned not to let their parents see me smoke. Probably because it makes me look like such a naughty/bad girl, which don't exactly fit my friends' profiles of friends.) Careful not to be seen, I'd be caught smoking in the most unlikely places. I felt like a fugitive, catching a puff on some obscure room or dissing my cig after a smoke cause the parents of the bride suddenly pops up. (Oh how my heart broke when I did that, I didn't even get to consume my blue-seal yosi fully.)
On the times that I smoked, I was mostly alone since my friends were non-smokers. Respecting that, I was left with my thoughts wandering off and the need to talk with someone. On these occasions did I miss someone so bad. It's hard enough to be in a wedding affair dateless, much more not talking to the person I would normally talk/text with when I'm not talking/texting to my other friends. Of course, it can be pointed out that I talk to my other friends, but it's different when you want to talk to a particular someone on a particular occasion.

Going back to the wedding, I was a nervous wreck during the reception. My wedding gift to the couple, two audio-video presentations (avp), were going to be shown in public. I had to make a speech before the presentation and since these were my "babies", public opinion (and the couple's!) very much mattered. Luckily, I had good ravings for them. Even the bilingual emcee said so himself. (It was a Chinese wedding, so half the time I didn't understand what was being said.)
I didn't get to enjoy the sit-down dinner since everything felt tasteless. (I did get to enjoy the mango crepe dessert cause the presentation was over by the time they served it.) I didn't get to do boys window shopping my other barkada and I had planned. I was too wired up! Not that there would be anyone interesting since most of the guys are Chinese and they require a girl of Chinese lineage. I don't think my 1/32 Chinese blood could measure up to a substantial amount.

By the time I got home I was so tired that even after 7 hours of sleep, I still feel tired. I went to work today to attend a meeting (at 9am!) but the toll of the preparation for the wedding and the wedding itself has left its toll on the eyebags of my eyebags. !My eyes are drooping and my body is yearning for the bed as I write this. But being on leave yesterday, I have to catch up on some work. :()
Sheesh, I have four more girlfriends in this particular barkada, I imagine it's going to be four more cycles like this! Hmmm, vetter not think about that just yet... All I want is my bed with my comforter tucked under my chin.

Zzzzzzzz...
I was a bridesmaid in this wedding. All in the name of love and friendship, I endured about 10 hours strapped in my gown, barely breathing. It was pretty tight on the bust and stomach areas but otherwise have space on others. In fairness the gown looked good and made me look sexy up front. However, every time I ate, I ended up looking like a tadpole wearing a haltered mermaid-style long gown (side view).

After every meal, I sneaked off for a fag from my friends and their parents. (I was warned not to let their parents see me smoke. Probably because it makes me look like such a naughty/bad girl, which don't exactly fit my friends' profiles of friends.) Careful not to be seen, I'd be caught smoking in the most unlikely places. I felt like a fugitive, catching a puff on some obscure room or dissing my cig after a smoke cause the parents of the bride suddenly pops up. (Oh how my heart broke when I did that, I didn't even get to consume my blue-seal yosi fully.)
On the times that I smoked, I was mostly alone since my friends were non-smokers. Respecting that, I was left with my thoughts wandering off and the need to talk with someone. On these occasions did I miss someone so bad. It's hard enough to be in a wedding affair dateless, much more not talking to the person I would normally talk/text with when I'm not talking/texting to my other friends. Of course, it can be pointed out that I talk to my other friends, but it's different when you want to talk to a particular someone on a particular occasion.

Going back to the wedding, I was a nervous wreck during the reception. My wedding gift to the couple, two audio-video presentations (avp), were going to be shown in public. I had to make a speech before the presentation and since these were my "babies", public opinion (and the couple's!) very much mattered. Luckily, I had good ravings for them. Even the bilingual emcee said so himself. (It was a Chinese wedding, so half the time I didn't understand what was being said.)
I didn't get to enjoy the sit-down dinner since everything felt tasteless. (I did get to enjoy the mango crepe dessert cause the presentation was over by the time they served it.) I didn't get to do boys window shopping my other barkada and I had planned. I was too wired up! Not that there would be anyone interesting since most of the guys are Chinese and they require a girl of Chinese lineage. I don't think my 1/32 Chinese blood could measure up to a substantial amount.

By the time I got home I was so tired that even after 7 hours of sleep, I still feel tired. I went to work today to attend a meeting (at 9am!) but the toll of the preparation for the wedding and the wedding itself has left its toll on the eyebags of my eyebags. !My eyes are drooping and my body is yearning for the bed as I write this. But being on leave yesterday, I have to catch up on some work. :()
Sheesh, I have four more girlfriends in this particular barkada, I imagine it's going to be four more cycles like this! Hmmm, vetter not think about that just yet... All I want is my bed with my comforter tucked under my chin.

Zzzzzzzz...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home