summer weekend
I finally was able to celebrate summer.

Last weekend, I went to Candelaria, Zambales (which I mistakenly thought was in Quezon!) to spend an overnight with my family and parents' friends. This two day affair extended till Monday when Tita Egya told my mom she wouldn't talk to her anymore if we went home Sunday afternoon. Hence, I played hookie from work yesterday.
After 6 hours of drive, with three restroom stops, my butt was aching and so were my muscles. I didn't get enough sleep the night before cause I attended a dinner and I thought I'd be able to sleep along the way. In order to keep my dad awake, my mom, bro and I spent the whole morning yaking. I think I was able to recover lost sleep on the ride home anyways.

Eight points I realized after the weekend.
1. Talking for 6 hours with my parents.
The bad news: I had to watch what I say and I couldn't share the juicy tidbits of my life.
The good news: It was a bonding experience and I felt closer to my folks.
2. Pigout weekend.
The bad news: I had an upset stomach after eating a lot of fish, liempo, and drinking a lot of beer.
The good news: Since I was going to the bathroom about four times a day, I didn't gain any weight.
3. Tongits in the morning, tongits in the night.
The bad news: Since there could only be three players, I was ejected by my dad.
The good news: But before that happened, I won P100 considering it was a 2-3-4 peso tongits game. Not bad, not bad at all.
4. Partying with parents and their friends.
The bad news: Not spending time with people my age. Dancing was a bore when you're dancing with people your parents age in the music of Black Eyed Peas.
The good news: I didn't spend a single centavo.

5. No signal.
The bad news: I didn't get to receive/send text or receive/make phone calls.
The good news: My phone bill this month is a bit lower. I didn't feel as much attached to my phone than I usually do.
6. Swimming in the beach.
The bad news: I only got a faint tan line.
The good news: The water was clear and warm. Though it was salty, it didn't hurt the eyes too much.
7. Clear and sunny sky... and then it rained.
The bad news: It rained Sunday afternoon. The drops were big and it hurt when we were swimming.
The good news: First time I danced and played in the rain in years. I felt like a kid all over again.
8. Getting a tan.
The bad news: I spent about P600 in sunblock and sunscreen.
The good news: I got a very faint (almost invisible) tan.
I'm not sure if the last one is really good news cause I suddenly want to get a strong tan. It would look good on theskimpy gym outfit my mom bought for me. Of course I know it will take me about a decade to get my original color back which is a good thing. Talk about indecisiveness. *sigh*


Last weekend, I went to Candelaria, Zambales (which I mistakenly thought was in Quezon!) to spend an overnight with my family and parents' friends. This two day affair extended till Monday when Tita Egya told my mom she wouldn't talk to her anymore if we went home Sunday afternoon. Hence, I played hookie from work yesterday.
After 6 hours of drive, with three restroom stops, my butt was aching and so were my muscles. I didn't get enough sleep the night before cause I attended a dinner and I thought I'd be able to sleep along the way. In order to keep my dad awake, my mom, bro and I spent the whole morning yaking. I think I was able to recover lost sleep on the ride home anyways.

Eight points I realized after the weekend.
1. Talking for 6 hours with my parents.
The bad news: I had to watch what I say and I couldn't share the juicy tidbits of my life.
The good news: It was a bonding experience and I felt closer to my folks.
2. Pigout weekend.
The bad news: I had an upset stomach after eating a lot of fish, liempo, and drinking a lot of beer.
The good news: Since I was going to the bathroom about four times a day, I didn't gain any weight.
3. Tongits in the morning, tongits in the night.
The bad news: Since there could only be three players, I was ejected by my dad.
The good news: But before that happened, I won P100 considering it was a 2-3-4 peso tongits game. Not bad, not bad at all.
4. Partying with parents and their friends.
The bad news: Not spending time with people my age. Dancing was a bore when you're dancing with people your parents age in the music of Black Eyed Peas.
The good news: I didn't spend a single centavo.

5. No signal.
The bad news: I didn't get to receive/send text or receive/make phone calls.
The good news: My phone bill this month is a bit lower. I didn't feel as much attached to my phone than I usually do.
6. Swimming in the beach.
The bad news: I only got a faint tan line.
The good news: The water was clear and warm. Though it was salty, it didn't hurt the eyes too much.
7. Clear and sunny sky... and then it rained.
The bad news: It rained Sunday afternoon. The drops were big and it hurt when we were swimming.
The good news: First time I danced and played in the rain in years. I felt like a kid all over again.
8. Getting a tan.
The bad news: I spent about P600 in sunblock and sunscreen.
The good news: I got a very faint (almost invisible) tan.
I'm not sure if the last one is really good news cause I suddenly want to get a strong tan. It would look good on the


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home