Wednesday, January 19, 2005

baby girl is sick


I just found out from my cousin that Mandy, her youngest daughter, is sick. Mandy is the currently the baby girl in my mom's side of the family -- the latest addition to the clan.

I was teary-eyed as my cousin told me the details in our telephone conversation earlier. Mandy's kidneys are currently inflamed and she's experiencing on-off fever reaching to as high as 105oF or 40.5oC (I used google convert!)

My poor baby. When she was here, I used to take care of her when I can. She didn't cry much, in fact, she smiled a lot. She used to fall asleep a lot when she was in my care. Imagining her fussing, crying, and in pain makes me wish I could take her place. Imagining the injections and taking of samples of her blood, urine, and spinal column makes me wish her parents could take her place. (I'm sorry, Ate Haze, I think my tolerance for needles wouldn't be able to match what needs to be done!:()

Although initial findings say that there's no abnormalities in her insides, I hope tehre is nothing seriously wrong with her. But then again, a sick baby is always a serious matter.

I pray she gets well soon. I hope you can pray with me, as well. (If it isn't too much to ask.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home