first week of January
They say that the first twelve days of January represents the twelve months of the year. What would happen to you in these days will be the general theme of the months ahead. I'm not really into superstitions like these, especially with the idea of being grounded last January 5 (crossing over January 6), which might be an indication of a worthless summer.
As the first week closes in a couple of hours, I am left sitting in front of my workstation after aharassing hectic day at work, wanting to write how the first seven days of the new year went for me.
January 1 - Woke up 11am, lunched at cousin's house, spent the afternoon at Eastwood with cousins, and stayed home for the rest of the night (while my parents and brother went to their friends' celebrations) -- which is short of a miracle, considering I'm rarely home and they're rarely out.
January 2 - Woke up 530am to go to 6am mass, stood by my mom while she dealt with personal issues with our nosy neighbors, spent the afternoon shopping at Duty Free, and spent the whoile night chatting with my cousin and her new boyfriend.
January 3 - Work, uploaded holiday pictures for relatives out of the country to see, and went home early. I was able to catch Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and chatted with Mark on the phone and found out I made a boo-boo, made long distance call to cousin to assess the issue. Spoke on three-way till early morning (Ouch! Big dent on my phone bill!)
January 4 - Work, had lunch with clients from previous office, they gave me nice 2005 diaries, then went home early, chatted with Mark to see if issue with Kris is properly resolved. Unfortunately, no.
January 5 - Had a heavy meeting in the morning with CEO, was supposed to meet up with P but didn't push through, was supposed to have lunch with Mark and Kris but didn't push through, went to Greenbelt3 to meet up with them after work, made up and played billiards, met up with Kten, and was brought home by P... we met up after all! Oh yeah, greeted my ex (most recent) happy birthday and chatted for a while in ym.
January 6 - Went home early... morning at 2:30am, got myself grounded, was late for 38 minutes at work, actually work, blog a little, smoked a lot, wrote a friendster testi (v. difficult! guess it's cause it's Mark), and went home early. Planned to sleep early but talked on the phone for hours...
January 7 - On the phone till 3:15am, slept, woke up at 5:15am to go to first Friday mass with family, had coffee with now married cousin, Christian, went to work, had early lunch, slept through lunch, worked butt off some more, had eureka moment at work (finally figured how to match the numbers!), and happily reported to CIO that task's accomplished.
Now - Have splitting headache. Good thing my dinner date with cousins won't be pushing through. I want my bed -- realizing I haven't had a decent sleep since I went on vacation. Unfortunately, the CFO asked me to go drinking with them. According to him, it's the first Friday night of the year, we have to go to Sidebar.
Tomorrow night I know I won't be getting any sleep since I'll be spending the night at a hotel... It's Jane's Depedida de Soltera a.k.a. Bridal Shower.
Sunday after that I'm meeting Ramibabe in the afternoon for some catching up. I hope I remember to bring her Christmas gift.
When am I going to sleep???
Does this mean I'll be getting a sleepless year?
It seems very hectic... But I hope I'll have loads of fun.
As the first week closes in a couple of hours, I am left sitting in front of my workstation after a
January 1 - Woke up 11am, lunched at cousin's house, spent the afternoon at Eastwood with cousins, and stayed home for the rest of the night (while my parents and brother went to their friends' celebrations) -- which is short of a miracle, considering I'm rarely home and they're rarely out.
January 2 - Woke up 530am to go to 6am mass, stood by my mom while she dealt with personal issues with our nosy neighbors, spent the afternoon shopping at Duty Free, and spent the whoile night chatting with my cousin and her new boyfriend.
January 3 - Work, uploaded holiday pictures for relatives out of the country to see, and went home early. I was able to catch Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and chatted with Mark on the phone and found out I made a boo-boo, made long distance call to cousin to assess the issue. Spoke on three-way till early morning (Ouch! Big dent on my phone bill!)
January 4 - Work, had lunch with clients from previous office, they gave me nice 2005 diaries, then went home early, chatted with Mark to see if issue with Kris is properly resolved. Unfortunately, no.
January 5 - Had a heavy meeting in the morning with CEO, was supposed to meet up with P but didn't push through, was supposed to have lunch with Mark and Kris but didn't push through, went to Greenbelt3 to meet up with them after work, made up and played billiards, met up with Kten, and was brought home by P... we met up after all! Oh yeah, greeted my ex (most recent) happy birthday and chatted for a while in ym.
January 6 - Went home early... morning at 2:30am, got myself grounded, was late for 38 minutes at work, actually work, blog a little, smoked a lot, wrote a friendster testi (v. difficult! guess it's cause it's Mark), and went home early. Planned to sleep early but talked on the phone for hours...
January 7 - On the phone till 3:15am, slept, woke up at 5:15am to go to first Friday mass with family, had coffee with now married cousin, Christian, went to work, had early lunch, slept through lunch, worked butt off some more, had eureka moment at work (finally figured how to match the numbers!), and happily reported to CIO that task's accomplished.
Now - Have splitting headache. Good thing my dinner date with cousins won't be pushing through. I want my bed -- realizing I haven't had a decent sleep since I went on vacation. Unfortunately, the CFO asked me to go drinking with them. According to him, it's the first Friday night of the year, we have to go to Sidebar.
Tomorrow night I know I won't be getting any sleep since I'll be spending the night at a hotel... It's Jane's Depedida de Soltera a.k.a. Bridal Shower.
Sunday after that I'm meeting Ramibabe in the afternoon for some catching up. I hope I remember to bring her Christmas gift.
When am I going to sleep???
Does this mean I'll be getting a sleepless year?
It seems very hectic... But I hope I'll have loads of fun.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home