Tuesday, May 18, 2004

determination to workout

Last night was the 25th day I worked out – 25 times in 36 days.

I have been going to the gym for more than a month now. To my dismay, I only lost 8lbs and that’s on the first week. My weight won’t budge since then.

Not that it's that bad cause exercise made me more flexible and not as "tamad" as I used to be, but I can't help thinking I'm better off with crash diets cause I see my weight going down immediately. Only I get all the weight back on after some time. What's worse, with reinforcements!

Honestly, the drive to trim down all started with someone’s nasty remark – "I love you less dahil tumaba ka." Of course, I was outraged by this comment. I lost a total of 23lbs for him, gained back 5lbs only, and he says something like that. Doesn’t it count I still lost 18lbs?

For a while after that, I got so depressed. When I’m depressed, I eat. When I get really depressed, I eat some more. Hence, I got fat again. (The 18lbs just became 10lbs.)

Aside from that, May is the month of my friends’ weddings, with me being part of the entourage. Quite frankly, halter looks good on me cause I have broad shoulders. However, I have to say that my arms are as big as Meralco posts. Hence, I really have to trim down.

Thus, the determination to go to the gym and workout.

Frustrating as I am with me not having the waif-like body that I’ve always wanted, I'm not losing hope. My mom said she lost a lot when she was at my age. It was something my dad commented on her getting big that made her decide to do. (Is this history repeating itself??) Although my trainer said it’s physically impossible with my bone structure to reach the goal (weight) I have in mind. He commented it's the inch loss and not the weight loss that counts.

I'm giving myself six months to be very slim (the weight that I set for myself). I'm taking my time. Determination is there. Will is there. Time is the only thing left for me to reach what I want. Knowing that I cannot control time, I will do the best with what I have.

Right now, I work out so that I’d have license to eat what I want (in moderation). No crash diets and no cravings. With all that I’m eating, I manage to maintain what I lost a month ago.

Besides, I’m healthy. That's what’s more important. I'm frustrated, but happy. Weird combination, isn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home