Monday, May 17, 2004

the night i set off the fire alarm


Finally, I have the astoria pics from my overnight with my college friends. I've been wanting to post this blog but it seemed appropriate to only do so with the pictures! :)

It's the last night we would spend together as single women. One of us is getting married in a week's time. It's only appropriate that the night would be spent laughing, crying, playing games, taking lots of pictures, and talking until we couldn't keep our eyes open.


Around midnight, Gilbey, the bride to be, said she wanted to eat pasta. We brought some from the supermarket before heading to the hotel. She decided to cook some and let us taste it. It was until she couldn't open the stove and she couldn't tell if the noodle was cooked already that I took over the stove. Only, I forgot to open the exhaust fan.

Some few minutes later, Issh was saying the room smelled good cause of the food, that we realized we had set off the fire alarm. Hotel management gave us a call and I saw Anna fanning the smoke dectors to spread the smoke. As if it would do us any good, we already alarmed the hotel people. (I wonder, will we still be able to check in the next time around??)


Then we started to get down to business. Talking. All night long we were sharing our stories. All, except Sarah. I'm not sure if she was sleeping through the conversation or she's being the VERY good listener that she is.

After that, we ended up playing true colors, a game Jane brought with her, instead of having the facial she intended for us. We found out how well we know each other and what we thought of each other. Who is most likely needing a rabbit's foot, end up talking her way out of a ticket, most likely a witch (or was it a bitch?), shopping queen, and least likely to leave a party early. Not really meaning to, I ended up winning. Must be because I was the scorekeeper. Hehehe :)


One by one we started going to bed. Most of us did when we finally saw the sun rising in the Ortigas sky. Despite the eyebags, pimples, and lack of sleep, it was a great night. (Not counting the fact that this was the night I met the guy at Gerry's.)

Good vibes. Bad vibes. Wonderful friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home