Friday, June 25, 2004

the sweetest thing

Talking about the 2nd ex made me remember that he was the sweetest guy I was ever involved with. With this, I would like to share a memory etched in my mind (just in case I would forget it in the future):

I love teddy bears and have a penchant for bears with special colors. I saw this one bear that I knew I had to have. It was of greenish-gray color and it belonged to my then officemate. A year later, I saw it in Gift Gate, Galleria during lunch time. I called up my then boyfriend and asked him if we could pass by the mall after work. I didn't have money with me then, but I will have come night time (our pays get to our ATM at 7pm). He said yes, so I told the sales lady to reserve the bear (their last item left) until that night.

Later on that night, I waited and waited for him. He called me up and said he was caught in traffic and that he would be at my office before 8pm. I was agitated and told him I'd meet him in the mall because the mall closes at 8:30pm. He said no cause he didn't want me to walk the distance. He convinced me to stay, but I poutedly did as asked.

He arrived around 8:30pm and I was REALLY mad at him. I knew it was futile to go to the mall. I started yakking, telling him he should have just met me at the shop and threatening him if the bear ever gets sold. All along he just kept quiet, somewhat apologetic. When I calmed down, he asked me if I was ready to go home. I humfed yes. Then he asked me get something at the backseat, I don't remember what. I was still mad when I looked at the back and saw a wrapped present with the Gift Gate logo on it.

I knew then it was my bear. I was tickled pink with what he did. Of course, a lot of kissing and making up happened after that. I felt guilty for getting mad at him and ashamed that I reacted the way I did. But I also felt so loved and special. In that night, I will always remember him, me, and our baby bear, George.

A couple of days later, I went back to the Gift Gate shop and the sales clerk recognized me. They said I had the sweetest boyfriend in the world, asking for the item reserved for me and having it gift-wrapped so that he could give it to me personally instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home